CareersJoin Our Team
Position: EMT/ PIT Program (added 6-22-21)
Job Summary– The EMT PIT will work primarily in the field reaching out to homeless individuals with addiction issues and co-occurring mental health disorders. The work primarily will focus on engaging with and transporting clients to sobering center. The position will conduct intake medical screening for all reached clients to ensure their stability and ability to be transported to Houston Recovery Center.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the target population during street outreach utilizing an empathetic and professional approach
- Develop, facilitate and maintain effective relationships with various law enforcement agencies stakeholders and other community liaisons
- Safely facilitate client transportation to the Houston Sobering Center
- Provide Overdose and NARCAN training to clients prior to exit from facility
- Distribute NARCAN nasal spray with instructions for use to all clients exiting the Sobering Center
- Distribute NARCAN nasal spray for community requests as directed by Intake Supervisor/Director.
- Complete Opiate Use Screening form on clients reporting opiate use
- Data collection and daily documentation duties
- Conduct intake screening inclusive of taking brief medical history, vital signs, blood alcohol concentration, blood glucose levels, etc.
- Complete all intake documents in accordance with agency policy and procedures
- Provide backup shift coverage for sobering center as needed
- Inspect vehicle and equipment to ensure safety and sanitation regulations
- Provide support to all clients during intake, admission, and throughout their stay including discharge when available.
- Monitor clients at all times while using the language of hope and motivate a client towards change
- Assist in de-escalating individuals during intake and throughout their stay when available
- Maintain communication with PIT lead and report any issues and incident occurring in the field in a timely manner
- Able to represent center reflecting a professional image
- Attend all meetings and trainings as requested
- Adapt to changing work requirements along with flexibility of time
- Perform EMT assignments onsite and offsite to include any additional duties assigned
- Current Texas License/Certification as EMT or Paramedic
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- 2+ years of experience in Critical Care/Emergency Care
- Proficient in word, outlook and other statistical software
- Knowledge on proper ways to manage clinical and medical emergencies
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Interested in a career with Houston Recovery Center? Submit your resumé to email@example.com.