CareersJoin Our Team
Position: Part-Time IT Technician (posted 12/5/19)
Reports to: Executive/Accounting Assistant
Job Summary: Responsible for providing support for all areas of IT to the agency at all locations. Detail-oriented, thorough and organized when installing and maintaining computer systems and networks. Will update system, troubleshoot problems and provide hands-on-support for IT issues within our organization.
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitor web performance, network ability, and security.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues.
- Provide technical support either by phone, remove access or site visits as needed.
- Respond to IT issues, hardware maintenance, software, networking etc.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software.
- Perform data backups.
- Install new software and phone licensing.
- Install and update network systems improvements as needed.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, WiFi technology and more.
- Work well independently as well as in a group contributing to the team.
- Listen, understand and communicate information and ideas.
- Build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize the role of technology.
- Be knowledgeable in numerous software packages, phone systems and operating systems.
- Attend training as needed, requested by Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write simple reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to interact positively, courteously and professionally with customers, employees and clients.
- Solid knowledge of computer, telecommunications and network equipment and applications.
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications including spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and e-mail software applications.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree or an IT certification and at least one year IT experience.
Two Positions: Full-Time and Part –Time Intake Specialists (posted 11/12/19)
Reports to: Director of Intake & Opioid Services
Job Summary: Intake Specialist will assess all incoming clients to ensure their stability and ability to remain at Houston Recovery Center (sobering center) and medically monitor all clients remaining in the facility. This position reports to the Director of Intake & Opioid Services.
- Conduct intake screening inclusive of taking brief medical history, vital signs, blood alcohol concentration, urine drug screen, and blood glucose levels, etc.
- Complete all intake documents in accordance with agency policy and procedures
- Provide exit screening for client discharge as needed
- Provide Overdose and NARCAN training to clients prior to exit from facility
- Provide assistance to Recovery Support Specialist and Psychiatric Technician
- Assess and monitor clients’ medical condition/vital signs in accordance with agency policy and procedure.
- Provide First Aid care to clients in Houston Recovery Center facility as needed
- Facilitate client transport in need of additional medical services in accordance with agency policy and procedure
- Ensure equipment/tools are functioning properly to provide client care
- Perform inventory count and prepare lists of medical supplies needed for purchase
- Function within the scope of care defined by facility, along with state regional, and local regulatory agencies
- Attend all meetings, continuing education, and refresher training programs as required by employer
- Document and inform staff and emergency response teams of observations pertinent to client care
- Adapt to changing work requirements
- Perform related work as assigned
- Available to work 12-hour shifts, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Texas License/Certification as EMT-Paramedic
- Current LVN, able to work in State of Texas
- Basic Life Support Certification or Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in emergency medical situations
- Knowledge of mental health and/or substance use disorder medicine preferred
- Knowledge of infectious disease protocols preferred
- Knowledge of residential and/or clinical medicine preferred
- Knowledge of medication administration and documentation
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish)
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member
- Ability to accept and follow directions that comply with organization guidelines
- Excellent decision-making skills
Interested in a career with Houston Recovery Center? Submit your resumé to email@example.com.